Re: ITA: libpalm-perl -- Perl 5 modules for manipulating pdb and prc database files

-=| Tim Retout, Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 06:29:24PM -0300 |=-
> retitle 352616 ITA: libpalm-perl -- Perl 5 modules for manipulating pdb and prc database files
> owner 352616 !
> kthxbye
>
> This package has a reasonable popcon and a few rdepends, so it is
> probably worth adopting as part of pkg-perl. I've got a Palm V lying
> around somewhere at home. :)

Thanks for your initiative in this, Tim.

> There is a new upstream version (and new upstream) available at:
> http://search.cpan.org/dist/p5-Palm/ - I haven't checked that it's
> completely backwards-compatible, but I assume so.

The Changes file is not very verbose unfortunately. "catches up for
all the changes since Nov 2002 :/"

> The new versioning style may require adding an epoch... or should
> the package really be called 'libp5-palm-perl'?

libpalm-perl is better, as the main module is Palm (and others are all
Palm::Foo). About the versions, I'd use upstream version mangling in
debian/watch.

The currently present version is 1.3.0, and the new upstream release
is 1.009. So I'd add

    opts="uversionmangle=s/\.0+/./"

to the beginning of the watch line. This way the 1.009 will become
1.9.

Or, use an epoch. I find epochs ugly, but version mangling is not that
nice either.