Re: Debian Perl Group meeting at DebCamp - 2008-08-06

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 01:07:16 +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:

> > * For mass-updates it would be nice to have the information about
> >   which debian/rules-template is used. Ideas:
> >   - add a "header" to debian/rules, containing some unique identifier
> >     e.g. the version number of dh-make-perl
> >   - save the  md5sum of the used template somewhere
> > * debian/rules and quilt:
> >   - the debian/rules template could find out the need for including
> >     quilt stuff itself (and fail if there's no build dependency on
> >     quilt), so we'd have a template for quilt- and non-quilt packages
> >   - some external script for check quilt/patches
> Implementation proposal:
> http://people.debian.org/~djpig/rules.dh7+quilt.xs+noxs
> I think this debian/rules file should work for most of our packages.

Looks good IMO.

Does anyone have any ideas about the "version-header" implementation?

> > * Publish a template for README.source and add it to all packages
> >   that use quilt and don't have one.
> The current standard (i.e. most used) seems to be

Ack, that's the one I "stole" from Ansgar and used for a few
packages.
I'm using the same lines now for extending `packagecheck' (for
automating the REAMDE.source addition).

 : :' :  debian gnu/linux user, admin & developer - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    BOFH excuse #353:  Second-system effect.