Re: package name clash for Text::CSV_XS and Text::CSV

gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008 17:25:50 +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
>
>>> Getting rid of the patched libtext-csv-perl would be a gain,
>>> maintaining the ugly patchset is a pain.
>> I can prepare and upload a new libtext-csv-perl (from CPAN upstream)
>> that recommends libtext-csv-xs-perl (our old libtext-csv-perl without
>> the patch)
>> Transition should be ok (as our old libtext-csv-perl and the new
>> new provide the same interface)
>
> Oh, that's good news!
> If they indeed have the same interface that should work.

There can be a problem if the other packages were using
Text::CSV interface AND Text::CSV_XS interface. That is why I CC
all rdepends packages when I've done my ITP.

>> I would add a NEWS.Debian explaining that it is better to also
>> install libtext-csv-xs-perl (to not loss performances)
>
> Good idea.
>
>> Or, for lenny, we can make libtext-csv-perl depends on libtext-csv-xs-perl
>
> If the interface is the same a Recommends: should be enough, I think.
>
>> What do you think ?
>
> Please go ahead :)

Both new packages are in the SVN and built on my webpage/personnal repo
(as said in the ITP that should reach this list too)
Please, look at the packages, especially English text (as this is not my
native language) in long descriptions, NEWS, README.Debian, ...

If I do not get any bad report, I will upload it next week.

  Best regards,
    Vincent