Re: libhtml-wikiconverter-perl and friends

Jonas Smedegaard dijo [Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:42:31AM +0200]:
> >> Why did you drop the use of cdbs?
> >
> >Sorry about this, I dropped because my lack of knowledge about cdbs
> >
> >The change could be reverted if you wish :)
>
> Please do revert. You ditched some nice functionality in that process.
>
> You should not need to know cdbs in order to change package dependencies
> (just mess only with debian/control and ignore debian/control.in - I can
> then update debian/control.in later on to reflect the changes).
>
> For the record, I am interested in switching from cdbs to debhelper v7.
> But I want to preserve my added innovation (the custom cdbs rules below
> debian/cdbs) and have not yet found time to look closer at how to hook
> that onto debhelper v7.

Well, the group does not _mandate_ not using CDBS, but several group
members have expressed the strong preference for staying away from
CDBS... So, please, consider switching to DH7 as soon as possible.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23