Re: libhtml-wikiconverter-perl and friends

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 02:44:00PM -0600, Rene Mayorga wrote:
> (CC'ing Jonas, because I'm not sure if he is subscribed to this list)
>
> Hello,
>
> after IRC with dam and gregoa about a nice way to solve #473304
> there come two solutions:
>
> Add a _Provides:_ field to libhtml-wikiconverter-mediawiki-perl and other
> dialects providing a virtual package, wich could be at _Recommends:_ field from
> libhtml-wikiconverter-perl.
>

> Damyan suggested to add _Enhance:_ field to wikiconverter-mediawiki,
> and -moinmoin, also add a notice  to html2wiki(provided by
> libhtml-wikiconverter-perl) binary telling that the package is now splitted
> into several dialects packages;
> with this solution there is a need to drop _Provides:_ added by Jonas to
> libhtml-wikiconverter-moinmoin-perl.
>
> I'm sending this email to have more input about the preferred way to
> handle the relationship between this packages, also, expecting some input
> from Jonas who inject the packages to the group svn :)

Since there was no input, I'm applying Damyan Suggest.
I'll move -wikicoverter-perl to unstable so it can reach the upload
queue, and since the new version of libhtml-wikiconverter-perl the
Recommends to the virtual package will be dropped

--
Rene Mauricio Mayorga   |  jabber: rmayorga@jabber.org
http://rmayorga.org     |