Re: DM and pkg-perl (recap 1)

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 11:15:49PM +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> This is an attempt to formulate some kind of a policy regarding the DMs
> and pkg-perl. At least this is what I am considering to do in this
> regard (for now). Input is sought from DDs, DMs, NMs, CIAs, FBIs and
> KGBs[1]. Popes? No, thanks.
>
> It all starts when a DM asks for the addition of the DM-Upload: yes
> field to a package. When this happens, the targeted DD has to decide
> whether the DM can handle the package based on previous track record,
> seeking advise from others, whatever (s)he thinks is needed. Consulting
> the list may be good too.
>
> If the request is denied, nothing happens (except a sad DM perhaps).
> Explaination would be very nice of course.
>
> If the request is granted, then that DD removes all records from
> Uploaders that are neither a DD or the requesting DM and the
> package is uploaded.

Sounds good to me.

I would suggest retaining the old uploader information somehow though
when removing non-DMs. We could either use a comment like

Uploaders: DDs and DMs
#Uploaders: others

or even a custom field like

Uploaders: DDs and DMs
XS-Pkg-Perl-Maintainers: others

(field name chosen for minimum future collision chance, not for
beauty ;)

Comments?

Gruesse,
--