Re: DM and pkg-perl

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:39:46 +0000, Colin Tuckley wrote:

> > One option would be to upload all packages with "DM-Upload-Allowed: yes"
> > from now on. This would give all present and future DMs upload right for
> > the packages they work on. There's no need to upload _all_ packagaes
> > _only_ adding the field of course.
> As I understand the way DM uploads are done that won't actually work. The
> identity of the NM has to be in the maintainer or uploader field too. So NMs
> can only upload packages that have their Id in *and* have DM-Upload-Allowed:
> yes.

Right, and I think that's what Damyan meant by saying "the packages
they work on", i.e. the packages they put their name in the
Uploaders: field (or more precisely: have done so for any earlier
revision).

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    BOFH excuse #111:  The salesman drove over the CPU board.