Re: libpar-packer-perl and /usr/bin/par

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> writes:

> Urgs, no, IMHO being consistent with such stupid extensions is not
> important at all.

> Anyway, in this case it is the easiest method to avoid the conflict, so
> I agree that this is the way to go. But - just for the record ;) - I
> strongly disagree with your reasoning.

I'd be inclined to call it par-archive, rather than par.pl, but it
probably doesn't matter a lot.  The problem with par.pl is that the ".pl"
really adds no information about what this par is, and par is pretty
widely known as a formatting program.  My first assumption would have been
that it was a reimplementation of par in Perl.  par-archive makes it clear
that it's really about managing a particular archive format.