Perl 5.004 year 2000 compliant ? (Re: [whimsy@tkg.att.ne.jp: perl5.004?$B$N?(B 2000?$BG/LdBj$K4X$7$F?(B])

Hi,

 Japanese user looked at out web pages and asked our webmaster that
perl5.004 is really year 2000 compliant or not, since
http://language.perl.com/news/y2k.html doesn't describes about perl
version. He may think this page only states about perl 5.005, so perl 5.004
wouldn't be year 2000 compliant.  I think perl 5.004 is year 2000 compliant
too, but I'm not so sure.

 Does anyone know perl 5.004 is really year 2000 compliant and tell me
its information source, please?

 I'll response its information (with translated to Japanese) to him.

Thanks,
Fumitoshi UKAI