Re: [GSoC 2018] Opinions on new packages

Hello Sergio,

something went horribly wrong with the formatting of my previous email.
Here it is again, hopefully in a more readable form.

On 7/25/18 9:34 AM, Sergio Alberti wrote:
> Basically I should create a bug report about the intention to create a
> package [2] (in order to add it to WNPP[3]) and then report in the
> changelog that I'm closing that bug.
>
> I would like to know if it's appropriate to do this thing or if it's
> sufficient to stop here (even temporarily, for the purposes of the GSoC).

As I understand it, filing an ITP bug allows who is interested to
comment on the proposed inclusion of the specific package in the
archive. I find it an useful policy.

If the package you are creating is not a simple exercise, but it is
meant to be included in the distribution, I don't see why you should not
file an ITP bug.

Cheers,
Dan