Re: Need some direction with edu packages ported from ubuntu to debian

On  Mo 02 Jul 2018 14:23:52 CEST, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:

However we are planning to add support for thin clients as well, if
possible.
Laptops with 8GB of RAM are becoming common nowadays, and some people
may even have more RAM. So, it should not be so scary to run LTSP with thin
clients.
A difficulty may be the speed of the LAN (the switch that is used on the
LAN).

Speed of LAN and speed of I/O (HDDs, SSDs).

Because of that, we brought desktop-autoloader to Debian (package in Debian unstable).

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31