GSoC weekly report of Deepanshu Gajbhiye for week 6 | Virtual LTSP Server
here is what I did last week?
- added `test.sh` script on buster branch that creates virtual interface
- made several improvements in `test.sh` script to create a virtual network in both buster and bionic branch
- Informed the maintainers about a minor bug in official ubuntu ltsp-pnp page. It is now fixed.
- wrote wiki page on how to troubleshoot ltsp setup
- wrote a blog on how vagrantc(creator of ltsp) helped me fix the client login problem.
- studied about building Debian package from resources collected last week
- wrote a script to automatically port and install ubuntu-edu packages to Debian(open PR and needs some improvements)
- Searched and tested the difference between ltsp-server and ltsp-server-standalone package
Problems I could not solve
- deb folder(folder where packages are build from) currently has unnecessary files. Need to remove those.
- did not get time to study how to support raspberry pi clients by ltsp server
- finish up the work between differentiating both ltsp setups
- need to split testing wiki page into automated and manual testing pages
Plans for next week
- finish up the remaining work in mentioned in problem not solved
- work on issues #58 #59 #60 #61 #62 #63 #64
- research on what needs to be done in ltsp-server to support RaspberryPi clients
- added more features to ltsp-manager
Same has been updated on my blog post:
I have created a repo for all my reports and added link on my debian wiki page: