GSoC weekly report of Deepanshu Gajbhiye for week 4 | Virtual LTSP Server
Here is what I did last week?
- Added NAT configuration and made some fixes on DHCP server
- I was facing issues with Debian buster vagrant box also raised an issue about it. Later I was able to fix the issue myself. Maintainers were able to reproduce the problem and accepted my solution and wrote a how-to troubleshoot wiki page about it.
- Fixed the ltsp client login problem working on the PR to make it better.
- Also had a talk with vagrantc(creator of ltsp) on irc. Learned how to troubleshoot ltsp from client
- Made some improvements in client.sh (Still working on making it even better)
- Added Vagrantfile, README.md, Provision script for debian buster.
- Also explored vagrant-cachier plugin to speed up testing process.
Problems I could not solve
- Still need to make some improvements in client.sh
- Need to work on my bash scripting skills. Currently they are just OK
Plans for next week
- Will finish work with client.sh
- Work on creating virtual network for ltsp server client and dhcp server for non standalone mode
- Will start studying about Debian packaging
- Then I will start with task decided for next week. Porting ubuntu-edu packages to Debian
- Work on Automatic reconfiguration of dnsmasq for non standalone mode of operation
one can find a detailed version of this report on my blog post:
I am adding link to my project as Daniel Pocock suggested: