[GSoC mentors and interns] Final Evaluations, Mentor Summit

Hey all,

Sorry for the long silence, and thanks for keeping up with the regular reports!

The GSoC internships are coming to an end. Students must complete their final
evaluation and do their "work product" submissions by the deadline of tomorrow
at 19:00 UTC. Don't wait up until the last minute, as the servers can become a
bit twitchy towards the deadline.

Students, for your work product submission, the easiest way is to do a wiki
page and/or a blog post summarizing the work you did over the summer, with
pointers to your specific code productions. Alioth (git.debian.org) allows to
search in repositories per author, so a link to that would be great. If your
work is not on alioth but on another forge, then please link to that.

You'll be able to polish up your page after you submit your final evaluation,
but you will not be able to change the URL, so make sure that the link is final
and working before submitting.

Mentors, you will be able to submit your final evaluations on the GSoC portal
starting tomorrow at 19:00 UTC. If you have any doubts, or if you're unable to
connect on time, please notify us _privately_ on outreach@debian.org and we
will help you out. Please make sure to submit your evaluation on time or let us
know well in advance, or you will prevent us from sending you to the mentor
summit...

... Talking about the Mentor Summit, please mail outreach@debian.org if you'd
like to go. Don't hesitate to ask, it's a very interesting summit to attend,
and there's not a lot of occasions to meet with people from so many interesting
projects at once. Debian is given $2200 to help two mentors attend the
conference, which should make it fairly doable from most parts of the world.

I myself would like to attend, but it might clash with another conference I'm
attending.  We'll do a random draw once the final evaluations end, first with
mentors who didn't attend in the past, and then with others.

Cheers and thanks for an amazing summer,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #78:
Yes, yes, its called a design limitation