Re: Bug report: Debian Cloud Image not setting DNS resolvers on Rackspace Cloud

Hello Debian Openstack Images team (Sending my bug report again with paste.openstack.org links, as attachments were rejected),

I am looking into simplifying Rackspace's image building process. We currently use a preseed file and build the Debian image by hand. However, as we are an Openstack-based Cloud, we would like to start using your Openstack cloud image.

We use the Openstack config-drive for convergence, which works perfectly with your Openstack cloud image, except for DNS, which appears to be set to localhost:

cat /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 127.0.0.1

Cloud-init.log http://paste.openstack.org/show/794123/

Network-data.json http://paste.openstack.org/show/794124/

Thanks for your time and everything you do for the community.

Best,

Brian K

Cloud Virt Engineer III, RHCE

Rackspace Openstack Public Cloud

I am looking into simplifying Rackspace's image building process. We currently use a preseed file and build the Debian image by hand. However, as we are an Openstack-based Cloud, we would like to start using your Openstack cloud image.

We use the Openstack config-drive for convergence, which works perfectly with your Openstack cloud image, except for DNS, which appears to be set to localhost:

cat /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 127.0.0.1

I've attached  cloud-init.log and network-data.json from a Rackspace Cloud Server and its attached Openstack config-drive. Please look this over and let us know if this can be corrected. Happy to provide more information/testing/file this bug somewhere else if you prefer.