Re: mutt: view-attach fails to display MS word attachment

Hi,

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 10:40:52PM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> >> Does your ~/.mailcap refer to that program?
> >
> > Yes, actually.  Not sure how it got there.
> > The .mailcap file is over 6 years old.
> >
> > I assumed that whatever created that file would be updating
> > it as new versions of libreoffice got installed ...
>
> I assume you only used packaged versions of openoffice and never
> performed any explicit action to make it the handler for Word
> documents?  Cc-ing the libreoffice maintainer for hints.

I honestly do not care at all what 1.0.1 did. That was pre-woody...

It could be that the infamous "user install" needed (gone away with 2.x)
by then did that, but it's so much museum, that it's completely
non-relevant by now.

Fix your ~/mailcap.

Regards,

Rene