Re: Packaging Apache OpenOffice

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 12:25:07AM +0800, imacat wrote:
> * Discrimination against Apache OpenOffice
>  - "The OpenOffice(.org) time in Debian is past. Live with it." when                                                                                    > people talked about Apache OpenOffice.
I don't see a discrimination, though, just a *statement*. And as the openoffice.org
Maintainer I *can* say what I intend with the package.

> * Discrimination against Apache OpenOffice's people
>  - That *funny* something which the list maintainer never apologize.  I
> was not treated this way back to the time when both the LibreOffice and
> Apache OpenOffice projects did not exist.
OK, I hereby officially apologize.

Can we get into something serious here, please? This was not, is not
and will not be intended as/for personal attacks.

>     *YES*.  This is a "project" business,

Yes, it is. I didn't deny that anywhere.

> [...] not a personal business.  This
> list is not of Rene Engelhard, but of Debian OpenOffice packagers.

Just that those *is* me since years, mostly because people have no interest
in OOo/LO or it's too big or they don't have the time (which if seriously
looked at I don't really have either but I keep this thing working
exactly for one reason: the Debian users)

>     Although we welcome LibreOffice packagers once this list is returned
> to the Debian OpenOffice packagers, just like everyone else treats us,
> unlike that list maintainer.  That's a promise and a return to the warm

I am not the list "maintainer". That's the listmasters.

Regards,

Rene