Re: Packaging Apache OpenOffice

Le 15 mars 12 à 14:22, Rene Engelhard a écrit :

Hi,

Hi René,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 09:17:09PM +0800, imacat wrote:
On 2012/03/15 20:43, Rene Engelhard said:
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 08:33:38PM +0800, imacat wrote:
But in the meanwhile I saw the originating thread on the apache side
which consists also of simple lies...

    You are accusing something very seriously.  As the originator of
this discussion thread, I request you to make clear statement on this.
[...]

Eric Bachards mail accusing me "blocking" OOo4Kids or AOOo.

Since my name is mentionned, I'll answer.

Where did you read I accused "you", personaly ?

To tell you more: one explained me one dev supporting us could help to integrate OOo4Kids. that's why I asked another Debian dev (Georges Khaznadar to be precise). At the end, the condition to add OOo4Kids was to use LibreOffice source code. My answer was, and still is : no.

At the first early days there were big build problems. That was eventually solved, but there's simply no resources for me (spare- time!) to do both. That's the first
reason OOo4kids is not in Debian.

This problem could be solved, and we could find maintainers for Apache OOo and OOo4Kids, for sure.

The second reason is that - because it's *edu* stuff - is better maintained by debian-edu or somesuch. They obviously either don't know of it or didn't have interest otherwise it would have happened.

I bet Georges belongs to Debian-Edu (he's teacher, like me)

And packaging CAN SIMPLY NOT be done via a trivial script as people suggest.

Trivial script ? First, the script is not trivial, AND we respect the Debian way : using dh_make and so on.

Second, I remember you told me you built manualy openoffice.org .deb archives previsously, didn't you ? Also, FYI, I'm doing the same with OOoLight and OOo4Kids on our (unofficial) repository. The details are on my blog (see my signature)

To be honest, I was simply too lazy / busy to integrate the script into the building / packaging process. But who knows, if ever one volunteer or student is ok, this could be done easely ( like I integrated the XO way of packging ( as "activity" ) ;-)

Anyway, this sub-part of the thread became a bit OT.

Yes, and like imacat, I'd like to understand why debian- openoffice@lists.debian.org does not support Apache OpenOffice : OpenOffice.org is now Apache OpenOffice, but nothing else changed.

CC'ing ericb anyway for fairness. (And yes, Eric, debians mls are open for postings of non-subscribers).

Thanks for the information and the fairness.

Last but not least, since you (I suppose) subscribed me, I follow everything on this list, and can say I have an objective vision of your immense work.

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə