Re: Packaging Apache OpenOffice

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:18:38AM +0800, imacat wrote:
> On 2012/03/15 07:53, Rene Engelhard said:
> > On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 07:39:09AM +0800, imacat wrote:
> >>     Hi.  I would like to ask what should I do if I would like to package
> >> and submit the Apache OpenOffice package?
> > See http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/03/msg00859.html of my
> > postition on this.
>
>     If you must know, I already made Apache OpenOffice different from
> LibreOffice.  See:

*you* did? I think all distributors did

> http://tinyurl.com/7r86jk5

Yeah, saw something like that already. That doesn't change my point.

> > Besides that it's technically simply not possible to have them co-installable.
>
>     Actually I'm installing them together now, although with the binary
> AOO make system produced.

Yes, *that* is parallel-installable.

Doing it with proper Debian integration is difficult to impossible.
There's stuff Debian policy mandates and there only can be one fonts-opensymbol,
one python-uno etc.

> Apache OpenOffice in the foreseeable future.  And I believe many people
> are, too.  I do not hate LibreOffice, live with the LibreOffice, and I
> work with our local LibreOffice community, too.  The current team of
> Apache OpenOffice is unrelated to Oracle anymore.  If you personally
> hate Oracle or something, its none of the our or Debian users' business.

I know. But it's still history.

>     Nice to meet you.  I did not expect to talk to you here directly.

Well, this is the LibreOffice maintainer list. As I am maintaining it of course
I am here directly :-)

Regards,

Rene