Re: Packaging Apache OpenOffice

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 07:39:09AM +0800, imacat wrote:
>     Hi.  I would like to ask what should I do if I would like to package
> and submit the Apache OpenOffice package?

See http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/03/msg00859.html of my
postition on this.

>     Apache OpenOffice is following the Apache license, and version 3.4
> is going to be released.  It would be nice if we can make it into wheezy.

You mean upgrade the openoffice.org-* packages from 3.2.1 to a new
openoffice-* 3.4.0 which is two big version jumps with loads of adaptions
(already done in libreoffice).

Besides that it's technically simply not possible to have them co-installable.

The OpenOffice(.org) time in Debian is past. Live with it.

Regards,

Rene

P.S: And I believe that people will take you more serious if you didn'z
post with funny "imarcat" in From but a real name.