Re: RFS: myspell-sv (updated package)

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:35:11PM +0200, Jon Lachmann wrote:
> > Uploaded. It will go to the NEW until ftpmasters approve it,
> >
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
> >
> > It includes two changes over your package at mentors.debian.net.
> >
> > I pushed version to 1.46-2. Since mentors contained 1.46-1.1, 1.46-1 was to
> > cause some noise at package PTS about more recent version in mentors.
> >
> > Fixed dictionaries-common Build-Depends to make sure no openoffice snippets
> > are installed.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Agustin
>
> Great! I can now view it at the debian packages list.
>
> Just a thought: Shouldn't the ancient "myspell-sv-se" package be purged from sid? To make sure the new one is used?

That will not make new package automatically be used.

If "myspell-sv-se" is that useless and you want to make sure that new
package automatically replaces old one, "myspell-sv-se" should be
made an empty dependency package depending on new package and with
section oldlibs.

Is "myspell-sv-se" really so useless that should no longer be in Debian?

--
Agustin