Re: RFS: myspell-sv (updated package)

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:14:17PM +0200, Jon Lachmann wrote:
> Hi again Agustin!
>
> Thank you for your new reply, if i build the package based of off
> hunspell-en-us and get it uploaded, is there a way to make sure the
> ancient myspell package gets removed in favor of the new hunspell
> one? (That is, in a fresh install, so the user doesnt have to
> download it himself)

I was convinced that entries in hunspell-sv control file like:

Provides: myspell-sv
Conflicts: myspell-sv
Replaces: myspell-sv

should have done the trick.

However, I recently make some NMU using this for a couple of
renamimgs in myspell-hr (openoffice.org-hyphenation-hr->hyphen-hr)
and openoffice.org-en-au (openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-au->mythes-en-au)
and noticed that this was not happening as I expected.

Just noticed that using a transitional package as described in

  http://wiki.debian.org/Renaming_a_Package

may help.

Rene, do you know of a better way? Otherwise I will prepare a couple of new
NMUs using transitional package to smooth package renamings under myspell-hr
and openoffice.org-en-au.

> I will start to create the hunspell-sv package as soon as possible. Any
> concerns, tips?

Please look at

http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/dsdt-policy.html

or at a more recent version under /usr/share/doc/dictionaries-common-dev
for some generic guidelines.

Agustin