Re: Hello (and Problem with bzr)

Hi,

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 02:52:56AM +0800, imacat wrote:
>     Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.  I'm new to this team.

Welcome.

>     I tried to checkout the source, as Rene Engelhard suggested, but
> failed several times.  Sorry I'm not familiar with bzr.  The result is
> below:
>
> imacat@rinse tmp/openoffice % bzr co bzr+ssh://bzr.debian.org/bzr/pkg-o
> penoffice/packages/openofficeorg/3.2.1/experimental/
> Server is too old for streaming pull, reconnecting.  (Upgrade the server
> to Bazaar 1.2 to avoid this)

Seems harmless. Got that once, too.

> | [==============                                            ] Transferring 0/4
>
>     It hangs here forever.  Is there any idea why it is so?  Also I'm

No, at least here it takes loooooooong, but in the end succeeds...

> curious on the "Server is too old" message, and wonder if it is related
> to the checkout failure.

Well, alioth didn't change afaicr, so.. But it seems that it falls back
to some sloooow mode....

Works for me without hughe delay with sids bzr, though (you need unstable
- and be it even a chroot - for doing debian development anyway)

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70