Re: openoffice.org built against experimentals icu

Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Rene Engelhard wrote:
>> Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
>> > Just FYI, the reason I have not upload icu 4.0 (or 4.0.1, which has
>> > just been released) to sid is that 4.2 is expected out soon.  I don't
>> > believe the transition to icu 4.0 would finish before 4.2 is out, so,
>> > after discussing with upstream, I have decided to wait for 4.2.  I
>> > will be uploading the first available 4.2 release candidate to
>>
>> ok
>
> I think we should revisit the plan - when will 4.2 rc1 be released?
>
> Because OOo 3.1 is supposed to be released in March and is adapted to
> icu 4.0 + only one patch for arabic. I am not sure whether it's buildable
> with system-icu when icu is 3.8...
> (currently have a weird icu-related build failue on the newest snapshot,
> will try whether it goes away when building with icu 4.0)
>
> I think we should do the transition ASAP when you get the permission of the
> RT to do so..

I'll check with the ICU people and, if 4.2 is not imminent and the
release team is okay, I'll put 4.0.1 in unstable.  I'd like to get it
done.  Anyway, I've structured the ICU packages so that the transition
mostly requires only a rebuild, so should be easy.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>