Re: [RFR] templates://openoffice.org/{templates}

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 12:23:55PM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Your review should be sent as an answer to this mail.
>
> >  OpenOffice.org is running right now. A running OpenOffice.org makes
> >  extension (de-)registration not possible and it causes problems with
> >  (de-)registering components.
>
> "Makes it not possible" is clunky.  Why not just "prevents"?  Or even:

Prevents is not true for components. Just that it might not work then
*after* it got installed...

>    OpenOffice.org is running right now. This can cause problems with
>    (de-)registration of components and extensions.

That's better. But the problem is that for extensions, it's not
possible at all when a OOo is running to either register or deregister them
via unopkg. So it *does* cause problems.

OTOH, for components (regomp) it's technically possible to run
regcomp while OOo is running - except that OOo might crash and/or
the services.rdb file gets corrupted.

> > - Please close OpenOffice.org (including an eventually running Quickstarter).
> > + You should close all running instances of OpenOffice.org before
> > + proceeding with the package upgrade (including an eventually running
> > + Quickstarter).
>
> Is this some sort of false-friend use of "eventually"?  I would have

Probably, yes :)

>     You should close all running instances of OpenOffice.org (including
>     any currently running Quickstarter) before proceeding with the package
>     upgrade.

Jup.

Grüße/Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70