Re: OpenOffice 3.0.1~rc1 won't Launch

On Monday 22 December 2008 10:34:21 Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Peter Besenbruch wrote:
> > Launching Openoffice Writer produces the following error:
> >
> > ./oowriter: line 2: /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice: cannot execute
> > binary file
> >
> > Running Impress and Calc produces similar results.
> > Launching /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice produces this:
> >
> > bash: ./soffice: cannot execute binary file

> Then you should be able to read the BTS:

Thanks for the reply. Trying to run a 64 bit executable on my system would
explain it. I realize that running something from Experimental is risky, but
am I causing problems by my workaround of using the 3.0 soffice file in place
of the 3.0.1 version?

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky