Re: broffice.org should have a versioned dependency on openoffice.org?

Hi!

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:55:46 +0100
Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> wrote:

> Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> > Before this last update, when trying to run broffice (via Gnome's
> > menu), he was getting the old splash screen of broffice 2.4.
>
> of course. the old broffice.org package of course ships the old
> splash. This problem will be fixed in 3.0.0-4 where
> openoffice.org-common will (as I told above) conflict against
> broffice.org << ${base-version}, making broffice.org 2.4.x and
> openoffice.org-* 3.0.0 not co-existable.

(I am feeling as a stupid user reporting a bug; I should have installed
broffice 2.4 with openoffice 3.0 and test before)

Indeed it fails to start if the version is different. The splash screen
(with version 2.4) appears, the progress bar starts to move and then a
dialog appears:

"The application cannot be started.
An internal error occurred."

Only an OK button that closes the application.

Maybe what I said before was looking like "The problem is the old
splash screen" (while in fact, the problem is that broffice doesn't
start).
But, as you said, this will be fixed.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Best regards,