Re: libhyphen-dev: can't build-dep openoffice.org

Hi,

dooteo@zundan.com wrote:
> I've got Debian Lenny installed, and I want to build OOo to apply Basque
> translations. So once I run (as root) next command:

FWIW, I just uploaded first 2.4 pre-packages. WITH eu translations.
As for every new package, it needs manual approval.

As you said in the issue that it's basded on m243 (iirc) I didn't add it to
2.3.1 yet, but I'll when you tell me the GSI is suitable for 2.3.1, too (but I
can't upload 2.3.1 right now anyway because I have to wait for the ICU
transition to finish.)

> # apt-get build-dep openoffice.org
>
> It can't install dependencies, because of there is no libaltlinuxhyph-dev
> package (I guest it was removed from Debian). So even I installed

Yes. It got replaced by libhyphen, but as the package which changes the
build-dep gets stuck in unstable that fix didn't reach lenny yet (while
the removal of the libaltlinuxhyph-dev package happened because it was
removed in sid and no package in testing dependet on it).

> libhyphen-dev, it follows giving me the same error.

The problem is that the "current", iobsolete and unsupported

> How can I solve it?

Just install the build-deps by hand if you really want to build that
obsolete and unsupported lenny version. Or try 2.3.1.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73