Re: Upgraded to openoffice 2.0.1-5, ooffice does not start, no error messages

Hi,

Thomas Ouellet Fredericks wrote:
> I recently updgraded my system (debian testing) with the new versions

from which package versions? Did OOo also get upgraded?

> of all the packages but openoffice 2.0.1-5 will not start anymore and
> I do not get any error messages. Does it have anything to do with my
> version of Java (j2re1.4) (the java control panel never worked, but
> that never seemed to bother my previous version of openoffice)? I do

I don't think so.

> not understand how to downgrade my version of openoffice, upgrade to

use dpkg.

> unstable or how to solve this. Please help, I REALLY need to run

You don't want to upgrade to unstable. Really.

> openoffice.

What does it say when you execute it from the console? What are the
exact package versions? Which packages got upgraded in your run?

Without more infos this is impossible to solve I guess...

Regards,

Rene