Rendering engine of OpenOffice.org 2.0.x.

Hi list,

I am wondering how non Latin text are rendered in OpenOffice.org 2.0.x?

Does it uses client side libraries of x window system or server side libraries?

Can we let the text go to server side library of x window system for shaping/proper rendering?

Alternatively can we allow OOo to use client side library other than default one (I heard that ICU is default client side library that OOo uses for rendering, is it true?) ?

My Indian language enabled OOo 2.0 build has some rendering issues with Oriya, Malayalam script and I wants to use customized client side X11 library for proper rendering. What should be the workflow ?

Priti Patil