Re: checking for zlib.h... configure: error: zlib not found. install zlib error: zlib not found.

Le vendredi 03 février 2006 à 10:27 +0530, Chandan M. C. a écrit :
> Hai ,
>   We r trying to create a openoffice deb pacakge from source tar ball ..
>
> We r using openoffice.org-1.1.3
I suggest you try with a more recent version, as OOo is at 2.0.1 and the
versions 1.x end with 1.1.5 in case you absolutely need to keep version
1.x for some reason.
> on issuing the commnad for building pkg ,we r gettig the follwoing error
> # dpkg-buildpackage  -rfakeroot -us -uc
>
> checking which zlib to use... external
> checking for zlib.h... configure: error: zlib not found. install zlib
> make: *** [debian/stampdir/configure] Error 1
>
> We tried to install zlib .. but zlib pacakge is not found in the
> repository ..
On Debian, the package needed would be zlib1g-dev.

> Can any one help us in this ...
You should really try to understand deeply how to build a program before
trying to build OOo, which is probably one of the biggest in size and
complexity available on UNIX today.

Hope it helps.