What is the correct way to make OO to display english help if localized one is not available?

Hello.

I've just installed OpenOffice.org 2.0.1-2 packages from sid.

My default locale is ru_RU.KOI8-R. Package with help in russian is not
available. I installed openoffice.org-help-en-us. But it is not used if OOo
is started in russian locale.

If I start it as 'oowriter', and try to open help, it displays a message box
stating that help is not available.
If I start it as 'LANG=C oowriter', interface is in english, but help works.
In english, of course.

Looks like 'cd /usr/lib/openoffice/help/ && ln -s en ru' makes it to open
english help when running in russian locale. But this looks like a bad idea
(e.g because if some package will ever try to install a file
to /usr/lib/openoffice/help/ru/, it will install
to /usr/lib/openoffice/help/en/ intead)

Is there a better way?