Re: JRE runtime detection

Jérôme Warnier wrote:
>> how can I make OpenOffice (2.0.1-1) detect Java runtime environments
>> other than Sun's JRE? The Options dialog only shows Sun JRE. I have
>> kaffe and gij installed.
> I doubt those last two would be considered sufficient to OOo. But
> Blackdown's JRE does.

On Debian OOo would work with gij version at least 4.0, but I am not sure,
whether it would work on other distributions (it probably also works with
RedHat, where the main part of the patches to OOo and GIJ to make it
compatible were made). Kaffeine is almost certainly not enough.

Matej

In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded
easily.
      -- Charles, Count Talleyrand