Re: package group "body useful without the head"?

Rene> Your set above is useful. You have Calc, Base, Draw and Impress. Not
Rene> Writer. You've choosen that (or you didn't get -writer installed as we
Rene> had the c2a-transition and -writer needed to get rebuilt against libwpd8c2a).

OK, I want to read a Word document,
is this the right command?
$ ooffice n1.doc

I see and UNSORTED list "filter selection". No "WORD" in it.
Help button busted.

I end up using
$ wvHtml --charset=big5 n1.doc n1.html

I conclude that I must do
# apt-get install openoffice.org

if I even want to read WORD documents anymore.
On a modem I cannot apt-get big things though.