Re: OOo-help in main rather than contrib

Matej Cepl wrote:
I have no clue, but if I were you, that I would just add contrib to
sources.list, then you would see this:

chelcicky:~$ apt-cache policy openoffice.org-help-it
openoffice.org-help-it:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.0.0-3
  Version table:
     2.0.0-3 0
        600 http://debian.lcs.mit.edu unstable/contrib Packages
chelcicky:~$

Thank you for the reply.
I can see no particular information from the command you reported: the last line tell me that the package would be retrieved from the "unstable/contrib" section of the specificated mirror. And that's what i have done manually (but from a different mirror). To be precise, i have downloaded *both* the en-us and it packages from the following directory:
http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian/pool/contrib/o/openoffice.org-help/

But your reply has pointed me to a the command you used, and that reports clearly what i have already told:

# apt-cache show openoffice.org-help-it
Package: openoffice.org-help-it
 OpenOffice.org is a full-featured office productivity suite that provides
 a near drop-in replacement for Microsoft(R) Office.
 .
 This package contains the Italian help for OpenOffice.org

# apt-cache show openoffice.org-help-en-us
Package: openoffice.org-help-en-us
Section: contrib/doc
Installed-Size: 22676
Maintainer: Debian OpenOffice Team <debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org>
Architecture: all
Source: openoffice.org-help
Version: 2.0.0-3
Replaces: openoffice.org-help-en
Provides: openoffice.org-help-en
Depends: openoffice.org-core (>> 2.0.0), openoffice.org-common (>> 2.0.0-1)
Conflicts: openoffice.org-help-en
 OpenOffice.org is a full-featured office productivity suite that provides
 a near drop-in replacement for Microsoft(R) Office.
 .
 This package contains the English_american help for OpenOffice.org

Please, observe the "section" entry.
It seems to be a package problem.

Regards.

Cesare.