Re: 1.1.4.7 openoffic.org debian/testing is crashing

ok- I think i fixed it

i found out that I had that openoffice was writing on the console:
OpenOffice.org lockfile found (/home/gerda/.openoffice/1.1.3/.lock)

then I removed that folder-reinstalled and removed ~/.sversionrc
--now it seems to work again.

sorry for bothering.
Gerda
Gerda Strobl wrote:

Dear list,

I am running openoffice.org version 1.1.4.7-using the debian package. I am running debian/testing system and my kernel is 2613.

Lately I open "openoffice"-writer- I do some typing-open something else--and then suddenly thae office graphic crashes-the only thing I can do is minimizing the window-but not closing it-
when I try to close it with "killalll"
openoffice: no process killed
the only way to kill it is to logout

also trying to maximize the file has only the effect that eg instead of having in my mailcomposition window written Compose:1.1.---i then seen Untitled OpenOffice

reopening the program doesn't help either.

I already deinstalled-and then tried again-it doesn't work?

Anybody having an idea?

Thank you.
Gerda