Re: I've tested ooo2 1.9.108-1 for you

Hi,

Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> 1) I'm using GNOME, and for whatever reason, the icons where not in the
> menu after the installation. Logout and back in fixes it. Don't know if
> this is a problem in GNOME or in OOo. If you want, I can investigate.

Normal I guess.

> 2) OOo2 is bringing kaffe to run by default, and is *dog sloooow* with
> it on my PC at least. Using Blackdown JRE 1.4.2 makes it like 10x
> faster.

It just takes kaffe with it because some of the dependencies (libraries,
IMHO they should NOT depend on a JVM..) take it with them.
AFAIS it won't work. If you want a free JDK, install java-gcj-compat and
use gcj 4.0

> 3) Special prelinking (oooprelink) does not seem to be needed anymore.
> That's probably great news.

Well, didn't port it yet.. The binaries are not prelinked in any way :)

> 4) openoffice.org2-evolution does not conflict with
> openoffice.org-evolution. I wonder if it would be a good idea anyway...
> are the two versions meant to coexist on the same machine? I guess not.

Why not?

> 5) Old languages packages are left there also.

1.1.x? Sure. 1.1.x and 2.0 should be parallel installable for now.

> 6) It seems weird to me that mozilla-openoffice.org is the only one
> without "2" in the package name.

yes, an oversight. But it's minor and I guess it doesn't matter that
much....

Grüße/Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  Rene Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73