Re: FSF to fork OOo over java

Josh Triplett wrote:

> That page does *not* mean that the FSF will be forking OO.o.  That page
> simply states that developers from both OO.o and the GCJ project are
> actively working to ensure that OO.o 2.0 will run with GCJ 4.0.  What
> part of that article makes you believe that the FSF has any intention of
> forking OO.o?

The page has been updated with far more detail than was originally
there. As late as this morning, the page simply said that the FSF was
looking for developers to help with a Java-free version of OOo -- a
terse message, but one that did suggest a fork, especially in light of
other things that were happening.

This new information is probably the best solution, I think.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield