Re: FSF to fork OOo over java

Bruce Byfield wrote:
> http://www.fsf.org/news/open-office-java.html
>
> I'm planning to follow up on this news in an article for Newsforge. Does
> anybody have any comments they would like to make?
>
> I'll be checking this list tomorrow, but if people could cc me, I'd
> appreciate it -- I have a lot of ground to cover on this story very quickly.

That page does *not* mean that the FSF will be forking OO.o.  That page
simply states that developers from both OO.o and the GCJ project are
actively working to ensure that OO.o 2.0 will run with GCJ 4.0.  What
part of that article makes you believe that the FSF has any intention of
forking OO.o?

- Josh Triplett