Re: How to create deb binary for openoffice

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 05:00:01PM +0800, Ismas Suraya wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm new to Debian and now try using & customizing Knoppix on my own.
> I would like to add an openoffice package which has been precompiled with
> malay spellchecker in tar.gz format into the customized Knoppix,

If everything you want is having the malay myspell dict available, just
install it and let openoffice know about it, rebuilding openoffice for just
this seems to me a huge overkill. I however suggest that instead of just
dropping the apropriate files where needed, better prepare a myspell-ms
package following the Debian policy for myspell dicts,

  http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/dsdt-policy.html

so if everything is fine could be considered for Debian.

Cheers,

--
Agustin