Problem with Debian Testing

Hello Group,

I'm sure this problem has been solved...

I'm running Debian testing (sarge).  OOo has worked fine in the past.
Recently when trying to start OOo I get something like ``OpenOffice.org
lockfile found'' and the program won't start.  I remove ~/.sversionrc
and ~/.openoffice, run again, it stalls.  I ``apt-get remove
openoffice.org; apt-get clean; apt-get update; apt-get install
openoffice.org''.  I now have a fresh OOo install.  Try to run it, the
terminal says something about ``setting up OOo, starting OOo'' but it
hangs.  Try to run oowriter, oocalc, etc., all hang.  I run the setup
program in ~/.openoffice (./setup), takes me to a fancy repair/remove
OOo screen, I ask to repair, hangs.

I remember something like this happening to me in the past, maybe 1 year
ago.  I didn't worry too much about it.  Then, one day, magically, I run
OOo and it starts.  I'm not having such luck this time around.

Like I said, I use Debian testing, have been for years, and run apt-get
update; apt-get upgrade each day.

One final note.  I used an obscure OOo-only mirror in the past since
Debian didn't have OOo in its repository.  Since OOo is now in testing,
I've removed the old mirror from my sources.list; I only have:

  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main
  deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main
  deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main
  deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main