OpenOffice with java is not building correctly

Hi,

I'm trying to rebuild my OOo 1.1.2, but something is getting wrong...
I've spent some hours reading this list, and I've made all steps
described there.
Look at the steps I've done:

jdkhome is set correctly as explained in the other topics of the list
(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=jdkhome=/usr/lib/j2se/1.4) at the correct position
and it is exported. (in rules)

the packages needed are installed (libcrimson-java, libxalan-java,
libxalan2-java).

my JAVA_HOME is set JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/j2se/1.4

and I'm building using the command:
fakeroot debian/rules binary-openoffice.org-java

But I'm receiving the folowing messages in config.log:
Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
  We cannot execute NO_JAVA_HOME/bin/java

Do I have to do anything else?

Thanks.

Rafael Sahb