abiword/OOo and libwpd 0.8.0

Hi,

yesterday evening I noticed that abiword now requires libwpd 0.8.0 for its
wordperfect import plugin whereas unstable only has 0.7.2. The abiword
mainatainers therefore apperently removed the libwpd7 builddep which
effectively results in building abiword without wordperfect import support
(which would need libwpd8[-dev]).

Although 0.8.0 is an API/ABI transition, I don't think there is a risk to let
it into unstable.
First, testing the library showed it being "rock solid" and secondly (which is
more important), it *won't* break existing applications in unstable. abiword
alredy has the needed version in unstable and the matching
writerperfect/wpd2sxw upload also is in NEW together with libwpd 0.8.0. OOo
does not dynamically link to libwpd yet.

Moreover, ooo-buillds OpenOffice.org 1.1.3 currently uses a old CVS snaphot
for the writerperfect import support whereas 1.1.4 uses libwpd 0.8.0 and we
can link to it dynamically which is better from maintenance and security
standpoint than using a internal static lib.

So this abiword/writerperfect/libwpd combination update has almost no risks
and won't have much to do except the probably needed hint to hint them in
together when they are ready.

So, knowing those facts, is it possible to approve libwpd/writerperfect to get
it out of NEW into unstable?
I talked with josk (abiword maint) about this on IRC yesterday and he said
this would be a good thing to do.

(NB: Didn't yet upload a new writerperfect source package with target unstable
but that could easily be done once libwpd/writerperfect are out of NEW. Or
should I do it now?)

Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73