Re: rm ~/.sversionrc ; rm -r ~/.openoffice ; openoffice dose not work

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 2. November 2004 14:22 schrieb Kenneth Johansson:
> If the user has never started openoffice or removed the .sversionrc
> and .openoffice directory it is not possible to start it anymore.

What *exactly* doesn't work anymore? I just tried it on my box at home
(unfortunately no X fwd possible) and:

rene@zero:~$ rm -rf .sversionrc .openoffice/
rene@zero:~$ openoffice
OpenOffice.org for Debian - see /usr/share/doc/openoffice.org/README.Debian.gz
running openoffice.org setup...
Setup complete.  Running openoffice.org...
I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale ""
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open display:
   Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
   or check permissions of your X-Server
   (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)

So Setup is executed correct and OOo attempts to start, which fails because
there is no X fwd, but it should start after that :-)

Regards,

Rene

P.S: To report a bug a message has to be sent to submit@bugs.debian.org, not
debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org, but well we can handle it off-BTS too
especially since I think there isn't a bug. Those stuff wasn't changed in
1.1.2dfsg1-1...

--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73