Re: OOImpress unusable : Please Do something about bug #273298 #273335

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 09:04:46PM +0200, Eric Valette wrote:
> >>	2) selection is forgotten when you open the color menu,

I am not sure this is a bug? I can reproduce such behaviour with my upstream
build but the behaviour seems "normal" to me. When text is selected so the text
box container is also selected and formats are applied to the whole box. But
the context menu (right click) can be used to apply formats to the selected
text.

But perhaps I have not understood the report fully. A very useful thing that
a reporter could do in such as this case is to get an upstream tarball and
install it into the users home directory (no root needed).

Then the reporter can see it is "upstream" or a debian problem.  This will
greatly assist finding and fixing any bugs.

jim