Re: OOo opens several windows when opening a single document

Le ven 14/05/2004 à 08:43, Jérôme Warnier a écrit :
> Le mar 27/04/2004 à 10:46, Jérôme Warnier a écrit :
> > One (and I suspect several) of my users are experiencing the following
> > problem: when they double-click on a document to open it, OOo opens
> > several other windows also, with the title of previously opened
> > documents (but empty).
> >
> > Using Debian Sarge up-to-date.
> > I deleted the profile (.openoffice/ and .sversionrc).
> > Using GNOME 2.4, and opening the files from Nautilus (I wonder if it
> > could be related).
> > Do not use ooqstart-gnome, as it was generating problems (similar).
>
> I now know more about the problem: it seems to occur when the files are
> opened from Nautilus only, and seems to be more frequent when the files
> are in MS Office format's.
>
> I wonder if Ximian doesn't have already a fix to this... Michael?
Both patches (the one from Ximian and the one from Debian seem really
difficult to understand to me. I could probably do it, but not really
quickly.

On the other side, I think I know more of the problem now, because one
of my users told me that it seems that it doesn't appear anymore if you
carefully close each document before closing the window.

If it tells you something...

--
Jérôme Warnier
Consultant