Re: Getting hyph_fi_FI officially into OOo

Hi,

Marko Gronroos wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Jarno Elonen wrote:
> > Sorry to repeat myself, but since the Finnish TeX hyphenation rules (as well
> > as the derived OOo compatible rules) are now in Public Domain, could someone
> > who is more involved in OOo development either commit the dictionary into
> > OOo's CVS directly or tell us what still has to be done before it can go in?

I would like to do but afaik don't have lingucomponent commit access..
And not without an issue. (and there is no stable cws open at the moment
and I think you want to have it in 1.1.3 ;) )

For the (planned) Debian package for the hyphenation stuff I already
added hyph_fi_FI.zip. I am just trying to get an overview about the
other stuff which have the same or worse problems...

> The latest Finnish OOo 1.1.1 builds made by Pavel Janik (pavel@janik.cz)
> contain your hyphenation rules, as these builds integrate some stuff not in
> the official OOo source trees.
>
> Actually, the official source tree doesn't even contain any Finnish
> translations made after OOo 1.0, so (for example) Debian should use the

interesting...

> updated string file (for 1.1) available at
>
>   ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/misc/openoffice/localized/finnish/stable/current
>
> Pavel keeps the string files at:
>
>   ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/GSI
>
> There may be some changes in the Finnish file.

I like patches more since localize doesn't seem to like me as I tried it
with the norwegian stuff for 1.1.1 (now included in 1.1.2).

If you would provide a patch for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2rc3 (oh, and keep it up to
date with OOo CVS please; best is trying to get it into 1.1.3) it would be
nice...

Grüße/Regards,

René
- --
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73
   `-   Fingerprint: 41FA F208 28D4 7CA5 19BB  7AD9 F859 90B0 248A EB73