Re: [Fennic-spellchecker] Re: Add hyph_fi_FI into Debian OOo build system?

> >   "Kyllä saa minun puolestani muokata; hyvä tietää että on käytössä.
> > Olisi tietysti kiva jos kirjoitetaan tiedostoon jos on muokattu."
>
> Could you get him to explicitely declare his previous work as LGPL?  If he
> is willing to release a statement to that effect, we have a clear winner.

No, I'm going to ask him if he could release it into the Public Domain. That
way he wouldn't have have to sign SUN's copyright assignment form and the
dictionary could still be included officially into OOo.

> Does Karlsson also agree to assing LGPL to what he changed?

He changed nothing. Saarinen read his article about automatic hyphenation of
Finnish and wrote the TeX rules according to ideas presented in it.

> On a different issue, could you also ask Saarinen and Karlsson if they
> would be willing to contribute their expertise in linguistics to help
> develop and maintain the Finnish hyphenator and dictionaries?

I think professor Koskenniemi would be a better choice for various reasons but
I'll write more about it later on the fennic-spellchecker list.

- Jarno