openoffice.org menubar displaying errors

Package: openoffice.org
Version: 1.1.1-2

installed files: openoffice.org; openoffice.or-bin; -debian-files; -l10n-de;
-l10de; -mimelnk; -help-de

Openoffice doesn`t display the menubar carrectly. The Bar works though but
everything in the bar and roll-down menus is displayed in cryptic ascii
zeros.
Root who installed openoffice.org uses KDE in german, while my user account
uses english. Everything is displayed correctly for root. The hover texts on
icon bars are correctly diplayed in german for all users.

Reconfiguring, reinstalling after deleting all settings in the users /home
directory for openoffice.org had the same effect. I also tried to use the
settings for root in the users /home but it did nothing.

Hope you guys can help me.
Keep up the good work

regards Chris