[Fwd: [Open Office] CVS module rename ...]

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Michael Meeks <michael@ximian.com>
To: ximian-openoffice <openoffice@lists.ximian.com>
Subject: [Open Office] CVS module rename ...
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 11:22:58 +0100

Hi guys,

	So - after the ooo-build-1.1.55 release, I decided it's an increasingly
lunatic thing to have an 'openoffice' module in CVS, that can't be
easily refered to / distinguished from up-stream OO.o and well, it makes
me cringe :-)

	So - I did some cvs surgery and renamed the module to 'ooo-build'. What
does this mean:

	* when you cvs update in openoffice you will see:

		MODULE_RENAMED_TO_OOO_BUILD

		Do not commit stuff to 'openoffice'.

	* checkout ooo-build instead:

		export CVSROOT=`cat openoffice/CVS/Root`
		cvs -z3 checkout ooo-build

	* transfer any work / changes across:

		cvs diff -u openoffice | tee /tmp/ooo.diff
		cd ooo-build
		patch -p1 < /tmp/ooo.diff

	* transfer any src/build stuff over:

		mv openoffice/build/* ooo-build/build
		mv openoffice/src/* ooo-build/src

	I've updated the web-site, and relevant bits; hopefully the new name
should reduce confusion wrt. the package name, our role / scope, and
help me sleep better at night.

	Apologies for the brief pain period;

	Regards,

		Michael.